Friday, July 25, 2014

A Closer Walk with Thee- From a Mother's Perspective

Today I am grateful for the little pitter-patter of feet that came to my bedroom door before sunrise. There was a light tap on the door and a faint voice that said, "Mommy, I had a bad dream..". As I called to her, "come in" the door squeaked open, and there it was -that moment I live each day for. That moment that is almost indescribable, but I will fumble to try to find the appropriate words. It was only a second, but a significant one. Her face lit up brighter than a thousand stars when I told her to come to me. She climbed in bed with me and I nestled her in the crease of my arm and held her. As she closed her eyes, my mind began to wonder about what I had just seen. I had just witnessed her spirit, a tiny glimpse of her soul absorbing the reassurance of my love. She knew then that her heart and feelings were of value to me. A tear slid down my cheek as I thought of her stumbling through the darkness to find me, but I hadn't known, until I heard those little feet. I didn't reject her or turn her away to go back and face that darkness alone. No, I wanted her and she could feel it. Then my mind navigated towards my Father, He never wants us to be in the darkness alone either. He will never reject us, unless, we reject His Son. If we have rejected His Son, as long as we have breath, we can turn that around. He patiently waits but only for so long, to pull us out of the darkness. I'm glad I'm no longer in that darkness and as I lay there holding my 'baby', ultimately, I knew He was holding us both.




No comments:

Post a Comment